Cone Beam 3D Imaging in Silverdale, WA
Lowell Street Implant & Surgical Center is pleased to provide state-of-the-art digital imaging technology with the use of our 3D cone beam CT scanner. The CS 9300 system provides high-definition, crystal-clear, in-office, three-dimensional, digital imaging at a reduced cost and significantly less radiation than traditional medical CT scans.
With the application of 3D cone beam CT scans, Dr. Wilde can diagnose potential issues more accurately and provide treatment with unprecedented confidence. In addition, this unmatched visualization of anatomical detail allows us to quickly and easily share 3D images of the area of concern with your referring doctor – allowing the doctors to collaborate on your care, improving your experience and delivering a positive treatment outcome.
Standard of Care
The standard of care has changed. While a cone-beam CT scan is not for every patient, Dr. Wilde considers it a standard of care when treatment planning complex cases in which more critical 3-dimensional information is required (as in determining specific nerve/root relationships, sinus anatomy or critical evaluation of available bone prior to implant placement). These scans provide the best possible outcomes and care for Dr. Wilde’s patients.
Comparison of Cone Beam 3-D Technology and Medical Grade CT Scans
There are multiple advantages of Cone-Beam Technology compared with medical grade CT scans:
- Significantly lower dosages of radiation are delivered to the patient by Cone-Beam CT. The dosage of radiation received with certain types of Cone-Beam scans is only slightly higher than with a Panorex Film.
- Convenience: The Cone-Beam CT scan can be obtained while in Dr. Wilde’s office, thereby eliminating the need to have multiple appointments with separate practices and results in immediate treatment determination.
- Multiple anatomic regions can be assessed 3-dimensionally in one scan eliminating the need for multiple PA and/or panoramic images. Both upper and lower jaws are scanned in one session eliminating the need for additional exposures.
- Accuracy: Due to the small voxel size of this modality, accuracy is generally stated to be within 0.1 mm superior to that of medical grade scans.
Common uses of the Cone Beam 3-D scanner are indicated below:
- Implants: Bone quantity and quality
- Periodontal: Underlying bone form
- Pathology: Definition and size of boney lesions
- TMJ: Bone form in joint
- Skeletal analysis: For orthodontic diagnosis
- Inferior alveolar position
- Pre and post bone grafting evaluation
- Sinus disease detection
- Extractions: Wisdom teeth relationship to the vital structure
- Pre-surgical treatment
- Endodontic evaluation and root fracture
- Facial trauma
- Skeletal analysis
- Root positions
- Impacted canine
- TAD (Temporary Anchorage Device) positioning
Our Cone Beam 3D scans provide these benefits:
- Significantly less radiation than medical CT Scans
- No distortion
- Noninvasive and can eliminate the need for exploratory surgery in some cases
- Unparalleled 3D images
- Accurate measurements to 0.01 mm
- Clear depiction of internal anatomy
- Excellent assessment of bone dimensions and quality
- Predetermined precise implant placement
- Interactive 3D implant planning and interactive 3-D images
- Bone quality measurements
- Sinus evaluation measurements
- Grafting measurements for bone and tissues
- All – on – Four implant procedures
Our Cone Beam 3D scan has a myriad of applications for every dental specialty. We invite you to come and see how we can help you.
Dr. Greggory Wilde, Periodontist at Lowell Street Dental Implant and Surgical Center in Silverdale, WA
Serving the Olympic Peninsula, Kitsap County & Jefferson County communities including Silverdale, Bremerton, Bainbridge Island, Port Angeles, Poulsbo, Sequim & Port Orchard WA Serving Silverdale, Bremerton, Port Orchard, WA