Dental Implants in Silverdale, WA
Restore Your Smile
The first thing people notice about you is your smile. Smiling can play a big factor in your life — in your confidence, overall health, and even your relationships. When you have a missing tooth or two, not only can it affect your confidence in your appearance, but it can also affect your oral health. Such consequences of leaving gaps in your smile include gum disease, dental misalignment, and cardiovascular disease.
Fortunately, at Lowell Street Dental Implant and Surgical Center, Dr. Greggory Wilde is proud to offer dental implants as a restorative solution for missing teeth. Dental implants have many benefits and are a long-term investment in improving your self-confidence and health.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a custom-made restorative solution to missing teeth and are made to feel, look and function like your natural teeth from root to crown. The implant themselves are tiny titanium posts that are placed into the jawbone where the teeth are missing. The bone bonds with the titanium, creating a strong foundation for your artificial teeth.
Dr. Wilde has received extensive training in Implantology and has been successfully placing implants since 1987. Through continuing education, Dr. Wilde is abreast of the most current information on implant dentistry.
Benefits of Dental Implants
In addition to offering stability and being natural-looking, they offer a wide variety of benefits, including:
- Restoring your bite
- Preserving facial structure
- Restoring the ability to eat and speak
- Restoring your self-confidence
- Preventing teeth from shifting to fill the empty space left by a missing tooth
- Preventing bone deterioration that results when teeth are missing
The Dental Implant Process
During your initial consultation, Dr. Wilde will go over your medical history, check your oral health, and ask you to undergo a dental and radiograph examination. Dr. Wilde will address your specific needs, and considerations, as well as answer any questions and concerns you may have. Once you and Dr. Wilde have decided dental implants are right for you, he’ll begin planning your treatment.
The Implant Procedure
Before undergoing your procedure, we’ll clean your mouth and apply a local anesthetic and your chosen sedation method. After ensuring that you’re relaxed and comfortable, we’ll begin your procedure. The titanium post is surgically placed into the jawbone, the small posts are attached to the implant to provide stable anchors in the gums for your artificial teeth.
After the posts are placed, you’ll leave our office with a temporary crown and undergo a healing period. For about three to six months, your implants will gradually bond with your jawbone. You will be able to wear temporary dentures and eat a soft diet during this time.
After the implant has completely bonded to the jawbone, you’ll come back to our Silverdale office to begin the second phase. Dr. Wilde will uncover the implants and attach the small healing collar. After two weeks, he’ll be able to start making your new teeth with the detailed impression he’ll take. Then the posts or attachments can be connected to the implants. The teeth replacement is then made over the posts or attachment. From there, you’ll leave our office with a brand new smile!
Our Advanced Technology
Our state-of-the-art office is equipped with several forms of advanced technology to assist in the treatment of the most complicated treatment plant. Our equipment includes:
- Cone Beam 3D Imaging allows advanced diagnosis and detection of Pathology that old technologies can miss. This scan is completed in our office at a fraction of the radiation and costs of a Medical CT Scan.
- Advanced Planning Software is a digital treatment panning that allows for pre-surgical, virtual, and precise implant placement.
- Surgical Guides allow for precise implant placement, which means patients spend less time in the dental chair due to the pre-planning that occurs.
- Plasma Rich in Growth Factors (PRFG) uses your body’s own growth stimulators for more predictable and better bone healing. This treatment is a revolutionary option that uses your own blood for healing after implant placement. When we suffer an injury the human body begins repair by releasing proteins (cellular signals). The PRGF technique isolates these proteins from the blood plasma which are responsible for wound healing and tissue regeneration. The repair process is accelerated once a therapeutic dose is applied to the treatment area. To begin this process, we draw a small amount of blood from the patient, and the PRFG, or proteins, is obtained through a centrifuge (spinning) process. This plasma is then placed where healing or regeneration of bone and tissue are needed.
- Piezo Ultrasonic Surgery - The implants are placed with ultrasonic technology vs. traditional dental burs and drills.
Frequently Asked Questions
What diet should I follow during the healing period?
Dr. Wilde recommends eating a soft diet so you don’t backtrack your healing period, such as:
- Mashed potatoes
- Scrambled eggs
- Smoothies (no straw)
Avoid sticky, chewy, acidic, and hot foods for the first few days as they can backtrack your recovery period. Avoid sucking, spitting, and drinking from straws as they may cause bleeding from the gums.
How long does the dental implant process take?
The entire procedure can take around six to eight months to complete. It depends on your oral health, jawbone density, and if there’s a need for supplemental procedures such as bone graft or sinus lift.
Will my dental insurance cover the cost of dental implants?
Most insurance providers should cover a portion of the cost. We highly recommend speaking to your insurance provider to learn more about your coverage plan and the benefits they offer. We also offer financing options so you don’t delay your treatment any longer.
During your initial consultation, Dr. Wilde will discuss the fees and insurance. Our Silverdale team is happy to assist you in obtaining any benefits to which you may be entitled. Call our Silverdale office at (360) 692-0300 today to schedule your consultation.
Get A Brand New Smile Today With Dr. Wilde
Dental implants can restore your self-confidence and oral health once again. If you’re considering this revolutionary restoration option, call our Silverdale office at (360) 692-0300 today to schedule your consultation. You can also fill out our online contact form and one of our staff will be happy to assist you.
Dr. Greggory Wilde, Periodontist at Lowell Street Dental Implant and Surgical Center in Silverdale, WA
Serving the Olympic Peninsula, Kitsap County & Jefferson County communities including Silverdale, Bremerton, Bainbridge Island, Port Angeles, Poulsbo, Sequim & Port Orchard WA Serving Silverdale, Bremerton, Port Orchard, WA